The Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free (GFSF) Diet

Girl With a Basket of VegetablesFor the past few weeks, I haven’t been eating a “strict” low-carb diet.

My main goal has been to break my addiction to unhealthy foods by being completely abstinent.

And I’ve managed to do it. I haven’t eaten a single bite of junk food since September 3rd.

Not a bite, not a sip, not a sniff. For 7 weeks now.

This has been my primary goal and I’ve made it less of a priority to lose weight.

I’m not that much overweight anyway, but I have been building up a “wheat belly” in the past year or so due to excessive binge eating on ice cream, fast foods and other garbage.

Don’t get me wrong, I feel certain that a low-carb diet is the best option for those who are very overweight, diabetic or have symptoms of the metabolic syndrome.

But for those who are trying to break their food addiction, it might be best to pick your battles wisely and make it a primary goal to only abstain from the foods that you are addicted to.

So, this is the diet I’ve been following for the past few weeks. I call it the Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free diet.

What it basically is about, is avoiding all sources of added sugar and gluten and replacing them with real foods. Simple.

It is less restrictive than a low-carb, paleo diet as it does allow for some non-gluten grains.

Basically, it is paleo + dairy + healthier grains like oats and rice.

#1 – Don’t eat any added sugar or gluten. Not ever, not a single bite! Read labels.

#2 – Don’t drink calories.

#3 – Eat natural foods: meat, fish eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, health(ier) grains, full-fat dairy products, fats and oils.

#4 – Eat protein and fat at every meal, stick to the moderate-carb range.

Basically, for breakfast I’ve had my usual stir fry with eggs and vegetables but I’ve added a bit of organic whole oats to it on my workout days.

For dinner, I’ll have lots of meat or fish with some vegetables. If I eat somewhere else (restaurant or mom’s) then I will often have some potatoes or rice with dinner.

During the first 3 weeks of this diet, I used to have lunch and a snack in the afternoon. A total of 4 meals throughout the day.

But after about 3 weeks on this program I started feeling so satiated that I only need to eat twice per day.

Late “breakfast” and dinner.

Breaking the blood sugar roller coaster and addictive cycle that comes with the sugar and gluten grains has really changed the way my appetite works. I just don’t need to eat that often.

I’ve been doing this for 7 weeks now and I’ve lost 18 pounds and three inches off of my waist. I haven’t counted a single calorie.

I feel awesome too. Sleeping better, full of energy.

Going to the gym feels like something I actually want to do now, not a chore like it used to.

What worked for me was to focus on breaking the addiction first, for at least a few weeks, then allow weight loss to happen as a welcome side effect of removing sugar, gluten grains and their appetite stimulating effects.

I think going “completely abstinent” from sugar and gluten is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life.

P.S. If you liked this article, then you're going to LOVE my free online weight loss course.


View the original article here

No comments

Powered by Blogger.